Monday, March 11, 2013

Roma- ¡El Fin!

Part III:
   Spent my last full day in Rome on Saturday exploring more of the city, touring the Colosseum and Roman Forums along with several other monuments. It was definitely a great day, so many wonderful memories! And now for some pictures...


Thought I'd add a picture of our plane, something cool about it isn't it?! 
This one's for you, Dad! ;)



And now, The Roman Forums...

So many ancient ruins!

 I loved imagining what this place looked like back in the day. 
Hard to imagine I was walking where good ole Julius Caesar used to walk, crazy!

Btw, if Spanish Education doesn't work out I'm applying for this weed whacking job.
 Who wouldn't want to mow the lawns in the Roman Forums?!  ;) 


We toured a museum of all the preserved statues found in the Roman Forum ruins. 
Just every statue was missing something... 
So we thought we'd help this one out by giving her 2 extra heads! 

Things got silly...



There I'm standing right in front of the place Caesar was killed- cool! 
Again, here I'm trailing behind everyone trying to capture just 1 more picture! 

And now to the Colosseum...
 Buenas amigas :)

This place is just simply GINORMOUS! 

It's moments like this that I just feel like I'm dreaming! 
What an amazing semester this has been!


It's hard to imagine that such a massive and beautiful place
 has such a dark history, isn't it?


Plaza de Venezia

We enjoyed visiting this beautiful plaza again, it's pretty big so you can't miss it!

The Roman Empire really was incredible!

Todas :)

And we ate LOTS an LOTS of pasta- yum! 
 

And gelato! Deliciousness. I was so excited I couldn't keep my eyes open! ;)

And finally, before calling it a day we decided to visit the Pantheon one more time.
And I'm so glad we did- what a cool building!


Here's a view of the open Rotunda- I'm so glad it wasn't raining! ;)


And that concludes my fantastic adventures in Roma!
 What an incredible trip- I'll treasure these memories for ever that's for sure.
My favorite view of Rome by far!  


I'm in LOVE with Rome! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Love the plane, love the pix, love the fact that you were straggling behind taking pictures! (See, I wasn't kidding when I said that's why I was the last one out of the Canyon!) :)

    Love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might as well stay w/ Spanish Ed, if you whacked weeds there you would have to learn Italian! ;) I would love to come visit you, BUT....! Amazing to see where Julius Ceasar walked, could you hear him saying "Et tu Brute"!?
    tia Luann

    ReplyDelete