Sunday, January 13, 2013

Adapting to Granada Life

 I can't believe I've been in Spain two weeks already! The last few weeks have definitely flown by. I've started my intensive language class and am really enjoying my two new professors. The title definitely summarize the class well, it's been a challenge but I'm enjoying learning LOTS of Spanish. I really appreciate the consistent schedule everyday and am getting used to my 30+ minute walk to  class. Just got two new roommates @ mi casa & I'm loving all the company! Thankfully, my Spanish's improving and communicating with my señora's getting better everyday. 
I meeting lots of new amigos & thanking God for His faithfulness everyday! 

Here's a few pictures of my most recent adventures... :) 
The Alhambra
(A view from the outside of the fortress' walls)

 At the beginning of the week before starting classes, we visited the Alabacin which is a Muslim neighborhood filled with beautiful white casas that overlook the Alhambra. It's absolutely gorgeous and has a beautiful panoramic view of the Ahambra fortress.
 So many amazing vistas here in Spain!

 Here's a view of the many white houses in the Alabacin neighborhood. 
Gotta love those mountains in the background! 

Mi nueva amiga, Allison! She's, wonderful, from Colorado & wants to go hiking with me in the Sierra Navadas. That'll be our next adventure, for sure! :)

 The CEA group on top of the Alabacin

 We stopped to have tea at a local tetaría, it was SO adorable! 
These are my friends Sarah & Gloria both from good ole Illinois. 
 So cute! 

 Just a few of the amazing views I see everyday walking around Granada... 
:)

 My favorite spot to listen to online sermons, el parque Garcia Lorca 
(Garcia Lorca Park for my English speaking friends ;) ) 
There's lots of scope for the imagination here! 

So blessed to be able to live in this beautiful place for a semester. 
God is SO good! :) 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog. during your stay in Spain. It looks like a beautiful city.
    Praying for your health, safety and continued learning of the spanish language.
    Love
    G.Stahl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your updates Julie! I love to hear all that you are experiencing. I'm so thankful for you to have had this experience. It sounds fantastic! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you've been making lots of friends, including some from the U.S. It's comforting to have some that can relate with what you're experiencing, when you're in the midst of so much newness and unfamiliar territory. I'm so thankful God granted you this amazing opportunity-what a great way to learn and broaden your perspective. And some encouragement regarding the language-pretty soon you'll be able to forget all about subjuntivo, imperativo, preterito and all the other verb forms in your daily conversation, because correct grammar will start to come naturally. I know you'll be a pro before you know it!

    ReplyDelete