Sunday, January 27, 2013

Visiting Seville y Ronda

 My Tias ( Aunt Chery & Aunt Luann) are here! It's been absolutely amazing to welcome them to Spain. I'm so thankful to have some family here to share this studying abroad experience with me. :) We enjoyed the weekend traveling together to Seville and Ronda, Spain. It's been a relaxing and fun filled weekend. My aunts are definitely SPOILING me rotten, and I'm loving it! ;) 

Journey with us to Seville y Ronda...
Saturday morning in Seville began with a hearty breakfast, it was amazing! Pastries of every shape and size. And they had the American special of eggs & bacon- oh how I've missed that! 

Here I am ready to fight the  bulls at Seville's Plaza del Toros!
 (Bull fighting ring) 

Crossing the river

I can't believe how majestic all the cathedrals are here in Spain.
European buildings are so ancient! 

This was by far my favorite spot in Seville- ¡Plaza de España!

Spaniards built this plaza for the 1929's World's Fair.

Not to brag about the weather... 
BUT it's been sunny & warm here all weekend. ;) 
I'm loving it! 
The plaza had a mosaic section for each province in Spain. 
Here's Granada :)


 After taking our siesta :) we enjoyed lots of shopping and touring Seville at night. 
Oh, and we found some chocolate! ;) 

It was super fun to eat outside, and I thoroughly enjoyed translating at dinner. 
And thankfully everyone ended up with what they wanted! 

It was so neat to see the cathedral lite up at night!


Crossing the bridge one more time!

Up bright and early to tour Ronda, another gorgeous Spanish city.

Did I mention that Europe's beautiful?! :)

 Puente Nuevo
I was excited to get my traveling buddies to join me hiking down to the valley. 
It was definitely worth it! 
 So many fun archways to explore!


It's been a fantastic weekend! My final exam for my Intensive Language Course is on Tuesday so, I'll study on Monday... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love going to your post on Monday. I never thought I had much interest in Spain but you sure have peaked it. Praying your time contiues to go well.
    In Him,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the pictures of Rhonda--we didn't make it there. Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete