Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hiking the Sierra Nevadas

       Ever since I arrived in Granada I've been eagerly anticipating my first hike in the Sierra Nevadas and I finally got to visit the mountains this week. :) It was absolutely wonderful to escape from the busy city life of Granada into the beautiful countryside. I enjoyed hiking with a group of students from my university as part of an all day hiking tour. We met our tour guide at the bus stop bright and early at 8 am (Didn't see a single Spaniard awake at that hour!) and hiked until late afternoon. It was so fun to eat lunch on the mountain tops and the view was AMAZING! Hiking the Sierra Nevadas far exceeded my expectations, and I can't wait for my next hiking adventure! Here's a few pictures of the day...
My first view of Granada's countryside. 
Let the hiking begin! I was SO excited! :)

 Amazing view from the top of the first mountain we hiked.



The views just kept getting more and more beautiful the higher we climbed.



This picture pretty much captures the emotion of the day. :)
 It's hard not to be happy in the mountains!

All the girls from my CEA program

The entire hiking crew, with our awesome tour guide.
This is where we had lunch, so fun!

 
This hike had just about everything included: caves, rivers, mountains, peaks y más! 

Wait for me! I was always stopping for pictures... 
Looks like I'm turning out to be like my dad after all! ;) 

 Really cool bridge :)
Whatever you do DON'T look down!
Yep, still loving Granada life! :)

6 comments:

  1. Julie this looks so amazing! Why didn't you pack me in your suit case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Now I am counting the minutes till I see you! love ya! Tia, Luann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a ton of fun Julie! :) Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! But this isn't helping me miss you any less! :) Nice pix -- worth falling behind a little, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to Dad--pictures are always worth it! Each one will bring back a flood of memories for years to come!

    ReplyDelete