Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sevilla y Córdoba

    I'm really getting into the groove of my life here in Spain and so thankful for God's faithfulness, everyday! Just started volunteering as a teacher aide for 2 English classes this week, and I'm absolutely loving it! Nothing fuels my passion like teaching. :) Classes are going great, learning lots & lots & lots (ok, you get the point) of Spanish, meeting tons of amazing new friends, and seeing some of the most beautiful places ever here in Europe. Thankful for all the blessings God has given me here in Granada, and this semester is teaching me just how faithful our God is!
Thank you for your prayers. :)

   Enjoyed the weekend traveling with my CEA program to Seville and Córdoba & thought I'd share a few photos ;) . Since we don´t have classes on Fridays (¡Olé!) we left early Friday morning and got back to Granada Sunday night. It was a nice long weekend! Really enjoyed touring Córdoba and experiencing all their ancient historical monuments, I still can´t believe how OLD Europe is! Seville was super fun to see again too, we toured different things than I had with my aunts so that was great to get to know Seville even better. I hope you enjoy these pictures from the weekend, I seriously can't believe my eyes here in Europe- so many beautiful places to see!

Córdoba. Isn't this bridge just gorgeous? Made by the Romans. 
How cool is that?!


We toured the famous Mosque of Córdoba, built by the Moors in the 600s. 
It was absolutely amazing, so massive & ornate! 

      Then when the Christians came to Spain during the Reconquista they added this cathedral to the Mosque.  Problem solved. Seriously though, It was crazy to see 2 strikingly different cultures combined in one building. Only in Europe! 

On to Seville...

And here we are touring yet another ornate palace in Seville. Honestly, I forget the significance of this one... Someone really rich & important decided he needed a palace a LONG time ago.  ;) Europe's definitely not lacking in beautiful cathedrals, palaces, fortresses, etc.



In front of Seville's grand Cathedral. Too bad it's not more ornate... 
Gotta love that Baroque arquitecture! 

From the top of the bell tower. I was standing in that plaza below in the previous picture. 
Great panoramic view of Seville!

On to the Plaza de España, by far my favorite place in Seville. 

The CEA group in front of the Granada section of the Plaza. 

Things got silly...


 Before heading to Granada, we stopped at some Roman ruins on the outskirts of Seville. 
Italica was super awesome, getting me excited for my trip to Rome!
 Don't we look like Romans?! 
:) 

3 comments:

  1. Four weeks from tomorrow we head your way!!!!

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all!! So glad and blessed I got to experience some of it with you!! lots of LOVE!! Tia Luann

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get to Salamanca, there is a neat Roman bridge there too, with a great view of the beautiful cathedral.

    Teaching English in Spain--how fun is that! Is that through the Universidad de Granada also?

    ReplyDelete